Jump to navigation Jump to search
SQL Lab 3 additional work (to earn back points)
This lab uses the enrollment data Part A Use only nested queries
- Display the names of all the instructors you have had and the course they taught (for example: Catherine Bareiss CSC 210)
- Display the names of all the instructors that have ever taught a course you have taken (for example: everyone that has taught CSC 210 at any time)
- Display the names of all the instructors that have taught a CSC or ITSC course but you have not taken a course from. So this would not include Dr. Bareiss
Part B Use only joins
- Display the names of any student that has shared a major with your favorite student. Pick a student that has at least two different majors at one time or another.
Part C Use set operators (Union, etc.)
- Display all the students that have taken a computer science, engineering, or mathematics course last semester
- Display all the students that have taken an engineering and a computer science course last semester
- Display all the students who are ready to take CSC 122 this fall (i.e have taken CSC 121 but not CSC 122)
Part D Use any method you want
- Find the instructors that have taught at least 3 courses last semester
- Find the names of the students that have taken every Hebrew course offered.
- Find the students that have taken the courses from the most professors (i.e different professors).
- Find the students that have taken an overload in any given semester over the last two years (i.e. more than 17 hours in a semester)
- Find the professors that have taught the largest number of hours per semester (i.e. who taught the most hours last spring, the previous fall, etc.)