Simple Calculator: Lab 2 for Programming 1: Fall 2019
The goal for this lab is a VERY simple calculator that can do +, -, *, and / on real numbers. It should first ask the user what operation they wish done, and then get the two operands. It should then output the results.
The input should be:
- The character representing the operation
- two real numbers
The output should be:
- The result or an error message (if appropriate)
What to turn in
A zip folder with:
- The java code
- A word document that includes the following sections
- Your name
- A description of the problem
- Time it took to right
- Testing Report (input with associated output that proves your program works). Include at least two different cases of weird input and what the program does
- Don't forget to comment your code.
- Watch your spacing and line length
- Use good variable names
- Use good prompts
Be sure to get a complete, correct, working program first
- Simple: Add additional operators
- Advanced: Allow the user to use integers or floating point numbers (without specifying which) and do the appropriate operation.