Fourt Lab, ITSC 121, Spring 2020
Write 3 different programs dealing with loops from chapter 5.
Details about all programs
- Include proper comments for all
- Use proper formatting, etc.
- Test with more than one set of data where it is appropriate
- Get the correct data outputted on all programs before worrying about formatting
- for this lab, you are to not work on any problem for more than 30 minutes a day and at most 1 hour a day total. Don't worry much about finishing. There is something that I hope you will learn by doing this. This will be discussed in class on Tuesday!
Details of program 1
This is problem 5.13. Write a program that uses a while loop to finds the largest integer n such that n^3 is less than 12,000. It should display that number and that number cubed. No sample run is given.
Details of program 2
The is problem 5.19. Work on it in parts! Write a program using nested for loops to print the following output:
1 1 2 1 1 2 4 2 1 1 2 4 8 4 2 1 1 2 4 8 16 8 4 2 1 1 2 4 8 16 32 16 8 4 2 1 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 32 16 8 4 2 1 1 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 64 32 16 8 4 2 1
Details on program 3
This is problem 5.34. Write a program that plays the scissor-rack-paper game with the computer being one player. Tha computer randomly picks one of the three and the user is the other player. The game should continue until the computer is ahead by at least two games.
- Create a software development report that includes the following for each program:
- A problem summary (the big picture)
- A list of requirements. (Things that this particular implementation of a solution must do)
- A list of steps your program does
- A testing report: What exact input you used and what output you got.
- How long it took to write each program and how much time was spent on each program each day!
- Who you got help from (if you got help)
- Changes (if any) you would make if you had more time and/or skill
- At least two things you learned while writing all the programs
- Create a zip folder with your software development report(s) and your java files and submit that to canvas.
- Due date can be found on canvas