Jump to navigation Jump to search
A Good Set of Steps for Self Directed Learning
- Inform oneself enough so that you know what you want to learn. Be able to state some goals as to what you want to learn when done.
- Get Introductory knowledge. This would be the level of a "Hello World" program. The idea would be to get the environment to work (or something similar).
- Follow along side a complete small example to see and/or learn about the potential of what you are learning
- Refine your goals now that you know more about what can be accomplished
- Define a simple individualized project to be done on your own similar to a project done in step 4 and do it. This will enable you to see if you have actually learned the basics in a controlled situation
- Define and create your desired project
- While working on the previous step find more complex resources to use to help with problems you encounter
- Learn/observe what else can be done
- Summarize all you have learned